The Alden Suites Beachfront Resort looks forward to welcoming guests once again beginning on Friday, May 1, 2020. We take the health and safety of our guests and associates seriously, and our re-opening follows the guidelines of the State of Florida, Pinellas County, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Our team has enhanced cleaning, communication, and promotion of healthy hygiene practices and will enforce social distancing protocols as recommended by state and local authorities.
For guests looking for a change of scenery and some quality time on the beach, we offer unique amenities here at Alden Suites that make it easier for guests to practice social distancing. Our suites all have full kitchens, which allows our guests to prepare food and drinks in their suites instead of going out to restaurants and bars. Publix delivers groceries here at Alden Suites, so you can enjoy a stocked refrigerator without fighting the crowds at grocery stores. We also have 4 gas grills on our BBQ deck, adequately spaced apart so our guests can prepare food on the grill.
We are taking the following steps in the interest of our staff and guest health and safety:
- Our housekeeping department has always cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectants. We have increased the thoroughness of our cleaning schedule and practices to improve sanitation.
- Items cleaned in suites include phones, remotes, hair dryers, irons and high traffic touch points.
- Hand sanitizing stations are accessible to guests in all of our public spaces and lobby.
- Key cards and parking passes are being sanitized between each guest check-in.
- We provide masks, surface disinfecting products and hand sanitizer for associates, including front desk agents, housekeepers and maintenance personnel.
- For guests checking in, associates are asking guests to disinfect their hands upon arrival and sharing hand washing, coughing and sneezing etiquette tips.
- Our managers have been provided with detailed health and safety procedures to share with their associates. Managers will ask associates to stay home when they are sick. Additionally, we have communicated directly to all associates regarding the necessity of safe hand washing and hygiene practices.
- The Alden pools will be open, staying under 50 percent capacity and adhering to strict CDC cleaning protocols. The Alden Suites team will properly clean and sanitize pool decks, furniture, railings, safety devices and other equipment.
We will ensure staff and guest compliance with the following social distancing guidelines:
- Individuals shall adhere to CDC social distancing guidelines, including but not limited to; Persons shall not congregate in groups, and groups of more than 10 are prohibited; All persons not part of the same family unit must remain at least 6 feet apart.
- As of Monday, May 4, 2020, the public beaches surrounding Alden Suites will be open subject to these regulations. The Alden Suites private beach continues to be open and has never been required to close.
- Signage on the Alden Suites property will remind guests and team members of the social distancing protocols.
We also want to share that here at Alden Suites, we have closed the Cabana Bar until further notice as required by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. As the phased re-opening of the St. Pete Beach area continues, we will follow the guidance of authorities as it pertains to re-opening. The food truck is still open for takeout orders.
We have modified our cancellation policies to accommodate guests who are experiencing a change of plans. The Alden Suites Beachfront Resort is delighted to reopen and we look forward to welcoming our guests.