While you’re freeing yourself from your daily routine by staying at Alden Suites, you don’t have to leave your workout at home. While staying with us here in St. Pete Beach there are plenty of ways to keep your body and mind in balance with your regular workout, or by switching it up with a new routine.
If you’re looking to get your exercise during your Alden Suites vacation, here are a few suggestions to stay fit while enjoying your new surroundings:
- Beach and Water Sports. Suncoast Watersports is located right behind the resort and offers snorkeling, kayak & paddle board rentals! Get in a great workout while taking an adventure exploring St. Pete Beach.
- Walking on the Beach. Walking in soft sand is a major workout and burns twice as many calories than walking on flat ground. Enjoy the view while getting in some exercise and switching up your normal routine!
- Beach Volleyball. Guests love our beach volleyball courts- bring your crew of family and friends for a friendly match in the sand. Beach volleyball burns 750 calories per hour, so you’ll be able to enjoy some of our famous Cabana Bar cocktails and still look great in that bathing suit!
- Beach Run: If you’re looking to get a good run in off the sand there are many beautiful scenic locations with paved run routes. Check out: Treasure Island Beach Trail (The trail runs about a mile and starts at the County Park Beach Access at 104th Avenue and ends at the Marriott Hotel near 120th Avenue, to the north.) or St. Petersburg Waterfront Parks (23 blocks along Tampa Bay in downtown St Pete.)
- Tennis. Here at the Alden, we have two lighted regulation-sized tennis courts atop our parking garage. Bring along your tennis rackets, balls, and shoes so you’ll be ready for a match in the sunshine. Singles tennis burns 420 calories per hour, so you’ll have room for a delicious grouper sandwich at our food truck!
- Beach Bike Ride: Suncoast Watersports, located right behind the Alden Suites resort, also offers bike rentals. Ride alongside the gorgeous St. Pete Beach waves while getting a great cardio workout!
- Offsite Workout Facilities: Alden Suites has an agreement with a local gym just a few blocks away. Just visit our front desk to get your guest pass and you can pump iron and use cardio machines to your heart’s content.
- Swim Laps: Alden Suites offers access to two sparkling outdoor pools, which are heated to the perfect temperature all year around. Get your cardio in while making a splash by swimming laps!
If you’re looking to stick to your exercise routine at the gym or yoga classes, here’s a list of nearby locations that offer guest visits:
- St Pete Beach Recreation Center located at: 7701 Boca Ciega Dr – St Pete Beach, FL 33706 offers $1 St. Pete Beach Residents & $2 Non-Residents Daily Admission in a newly renovated fitness center equipped with 3 Treadmills, 3 Recumbent bikes, 2 Ellipticals, Strength training equipment, Free weights, Bench press & more. You can schedule a personal trainer for up to 4 people for $40 per hour.
- Fit For Life Fitness Center located at 575 75th Ave – Saint Pete Beach, FL 33706 offers Day Passes for $10 and is a unique combination of a fitness center and physical therapy clinic. Full gym with Nautilus machines, professional supervision and instruction, Group Exercise classes (including Tai Chi, Yoga, & Pilates), Group cycling classes – all levels, and Massage Therapist available by appointment.
- Beach Yoga Pinellas located at 10280 Gulf Blvd – Treasure Island, FL 33706 Just bring a beach towel and blanket, wear comfortable clothes and align your body and mind while listening to the beach waves. Classes start at $20 at sunrise and sunset.
- Perfect Circle Yoga located at 595-B Corey Ave – St. Pete Beach, FL 33706 offers Hot “Bikram” Yoga, Hot Yoga Express, CaliYoga classes and Private Training. Single Classes are offered at $15 per class.
Here in St. Pete Beach we have so much delicious food and drink to enjoy, so it’s nice to have exercise options for working off those extra calories! What’s YOUR favorite way to exercise while on vacation?